Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 05:16:53 +0100

On Sunday 06 March 2005 13:30, catmat wrote:
> >Is the following possible ?
> >Richard. Please talk to Karsten which feature will be in 0.1.
> >Please write *good* code for one feature and tell Ian once you are ready.
>
> *good* can be a matter of taste and different goals.  If Richard's gui
> is just a
> configurable "look and feel" for the gnumed gui, and works well with itself
> and uses the middleware, (and therefore obeys the schema constraints),
>  it doesn't really need to be *good* stylistically,
> as long as it can be maintained to not break when the middleware evolves.

Richard knows what I mean by good code. He himself states that the cuurent gui
demo code is partly crap and needs to be rewritten.

So why not start with one feature and go from there ?
I get the impression it is like a car. We an engine. It is supposed to be
good. We have the drawing of what the car *can* look like. It's a beautiful
car. We even have documents describing details of the car and how they should
work. What we don't have is a model or a prototype car.

Well you know what I mean. And just like in cars which hardly ever reach the
market they way they were designed we won't see the gui_demo go unchanged
when being connected to the middleware.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany