[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on MacOSX

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on MacOSX
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 08:05:49 +0200

Hi all,

I keep getting asked if GNUmed runs on Mac OS. I always say sure but ...

Casual Mac users often would like not to be bothered with MacPorts and
friends.

Back in the days when I had access to a Mac I was able to show that GNUmed can
be made available as easy to use dmg packages.

One of the goals for 2012 is to regularly provide dmg packages for Mac OS.

The key  point here is scripted creation of said packages. There is
information on the Wiki on how to do it manually but I would like to take it
to the next level and automate the process.

If anyone on this list has access to MacOS (ideally not the latest release)
and is will to help with this let me know.

The work will involve getting GNUmed up and running on MacOS. The setting up
pyinstaller and finally writing shell scripts to automate the process.

If anyone knows of a way to get access to Mac OS for maybe 48hours or so I
could try to do it remotely.

Best regards,
Sebastian Hilbert