Re: Re[6]: EOKeyValueCoding

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: Re[6]: EOKeyValueCoding
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:38:16 +0100

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:04:31 +0100 (CET)
Manuel Guesdon <address@hidden> wrote:
>  >| >> | This isn't an issue any more. We should place a KVC implementation in
>  >| >> | FoundationExt if we want to support deprecated OS's like OPENSTEP.
>  >| >> | Indeed because KVC is part of Foundation it's much easier now, since
>  >| >> you
>  >| >> | don't need to maintain runtime specific code in GDL :-)
>  >| >
>  >| > I agree :-) on the last sentence but in this case, why putting "base
>  >| > KVC" in FoundationExt an not base  ?
>  >|
>  >| As I wrote, to support old Foundations which do *not* have KVC in
>  >| Foundation (like the Foundation of OPENSTEP). I would *copy* the code
>  >| over to FoundationExt (so it's contained in both libraries).
>
> You're right. I've forgotten this one.

IMHO this would be a bad move from our side. Of course old code should be
supported whenever possible, but much, much more important is IMHO to be and
remain compatible with Cocoa/Apple. We have to be very careful not to introduce
incompatibilities on basic stuff like that.

BTW who actually has FoundationExt installed who does not really use GDL?

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
Software Engineer