Re: Release schedule

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:37:19 -0700

Alexander Malmberg wrote:

Printing is very important. If I could print (or just get valid .ps
output) from TextEdit, I would start using it as my primary text editor
(for formatted text). (Note that this isn't a text system issue;
printing the text view works. It's the multi-page mode that fails
horribly: the pagination is messed up, the code to detect printing (to
avoid drawing some things) in TextEdit fails (arguably, TextEdit is

Printing is my priority also. Although I'd also like to see a more unified drawing/printing system, so it isn't so hard to keep the two in sync (e.g. image drawing/compositing, fonts, etc).

Also:

- "Automatic" Standard fonts or a standard font download for the art backend (e.g. for newbies).

- A well-tested ProjectCenter release.

- Automatic crash/bug reporter integrated into the gui