Re: GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:17:13 +0200

Nicola Pero schrieb:

> I would go as far as saying that even gnustep-base should have no
> GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN set.  If I compile all the system manually
> myself, I wouldn't see anything wrong in having everything end up
> into Local.  Even gnustep-make could go into Local without special
> losses, so by default it should probably go in there.

I agree with the proposal in principle.

I was initially worried about

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.(c)sh
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Additional/
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Auxiliary/

But I guess in both cases they "correct" location would be defined by
GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES so there might not be an issue here.

> Suggestions welcome though, if we strictly want gnustep-make and gnustep-base
> to always be in System, we can easily add GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN in
> the GNUmakefile ... setting it on the command-line will always override
> the value set in the GNUmakefile.  So it's not a problem. ;-)

My personal preference is that GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN should always
default to LOCAL.  But I don't feel strongly about it.

Cheers,