Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 01:17:30 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary
<jean.christophe.helary@gmail.com> writes:

> Requiring millions of people to learn enough of
> a native language to allow them to access a tiny
> subset of that language is a waste of human
> ressources. *That* is the bad idea.

You want the technology and everything else to be
available in every language there is so that no one
will have to learn English? Interesting world that
would be, eh?

And what are you talking about? I know more than
a tiny subset of English and so do you and everyone
else that is a non-native speaker on this list.

You yourself are here, taking part in discussion with
Emacs and technology people from all over the world.
Isn't that both something both very practical and
even amazing?

Why would you want people to be limited by language
barriers to their national communities? Even here,
there are so few guys who use and discuss Emacs.
Can you imagine me being stuck with the Swedish guys
and you the French and Belgian? I would be one tenth
the tech person I am today if I were stuck here, and
I don't care how many books were translated to
compensate (which, by the way, hasn't happen and could
never happen).

When we instead can bring everyone here to use and
discuss the same awesome technology and have access to
the same material?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573