Re: nnimap splitting

From: Leo Butler
Subject: Re: nnimap splitting
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 06:24:10 -0600

phillip.lord@russet.org.uk writes:
> On 2020-12-10 18:58, phillip.lord@russet.org.uk wrote:
>> On 2020-12-10 18:36, Pankaj Jangid wrote:
>>> Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk> writes:
>>>
>> I think
>> I am looking in the wrong place and my configuration here is not the
>> issue at all. I have no idea, unfortunately, what the issue is. If
>> this is supposed to work in Gnus, I think, it is getting all the
>> server information from somehwere else. NOt sure where!

C-h v gnus-server-alist RET

gnus-server-alist is a variable defined in ‘gnus.el’.
Its value is shown below.

Documentation:
Servers created by Gnus, or via the server buffer.
Servers defined in the user’s config files do not appear here.
This variable is persisted in the user’s .newsrc.eld file.

Value:

You need to edit this variable.

It's an odd design and I banged my head against this one for years
before I finally figured out why Gnus kept trying to open servers that I
had deleted from gnus-secondary-select-methods.

Leo