Re: [External] : indentation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [External] : indentation
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 16:23:08 -0400

>> I know full well that it disagrees with some users, but
>> there has been surprisingly few complaints over this change,
> It's easy enough to turn it off - that's the point.  The
> default doesn't matter a lot.  But to say that few people
> complained about the change is wrong - misleading, IMHO.

AFAIK there are 3 types of users: those who want it ON, those who want it
OFF and those who don't care.  I'm not sure how those are spread
statistically, but the number of complaints I've seen since the feature
was turned ON suggests that the first type is a small minority.

> Just turn it off by default and Bob's your uncle, if you
> don't want electric indenting by default.  That's the
> answer for Petr.

Yes, like I do for many other Emacs features that are enabled
by default ;-)

        Stefan