Re: indentation

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: indentation
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 08:42:43 +0200

On Wed, Apr 28 2021, ptlo@centrum.cz wrote:
> Yes, it may be a bug/ feature of the F90 mode. But it got annoying only when
> the
> electric mode was active, otherwise the formatting was controlable (e.g. by
> tab
> key) and not disturbing. Look, when programming, one is often quite
> concentrated
> and not keen on seeing lines skipping unexpectedly here and there.

The particular feature that the current line, i.e., the line on which one hits
RET, is re-indented, can be turned off by setting the variable
`electric-indent-inhibit` to `t`. (The name of this variable is somewhat
confusing, IMHO, because it suggests electric indent is inhibited altogether,
but in actual fact, as the doc string says, in inhibits *re*indentation).

With this feature turned off, which I find rather annoying myself,
electric-indent basically saves me from having to type TAB all the time. Even in
Python code, electric indent gets it right most of the time.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments