DragonFlyBSD

From: Jean Louis
Subject: DragonFlyBSD
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 21:06:47 +0300

* Samuel Banya <sbanya@fastmail.com> [2022-02-19 21:00]:
> Hey Jean,
>
> Saw your post on Dragonfly BSD and Linux in general.
>
> Curious, do you have any of your dotfiles anywhere?
>
> Was always curious to maybe switch to a BSD but haven't found one that had a
> decent installer.
>
> Would be neat to check out your dotfiles if you have any.

The only important dot file on my side is dot directory ~/.emacs.d/
and everything inside.

Otherwise other dot files belonging to other programs are all user
specific.

Installing DragonFlyBSD was very easy, it just works. I am using it
exclusively because of the HAMMER file system, for two reasons:
battery on that notebook is not good any more, and electricity outage
in under-developed country are frequent. When system goes down, HAMMER
file system makes sure that no data is lost. I don't know how exactly,
I just believe it for a while. There is no fsck-ing like on GNU/Linux.

And I use on DragonFlyBSD all the same programs including Emacs in the
same way as on GNU/Linux.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns