Re: Support RMS

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 07:45:58 +0300

* Alexandre Oliva <lxoliva@fsfla.org> [2021-04-16 01:40]:
> That's why I find it so hard to believe that the poeple carrying out
> these actions are acting out of love for the Free Software movement.
> Even if they were sure their actions would manage to deprive the whole
> movement from RMS's alleged negative influence, getting him to commit
> suicide or somesuch, we'd lose the "stallman was right" wisdom, and get
> the negative publicity of being such a toxic environment that the
> founder was driven to suicide.  And since their actions have failed,
> we're left with a defamed leader, a divided community, and a large
> number of lying and toxic participants who purport to have acted in good
> faith for the movement, but that were only competent enough to have
> caused great damage :-(

I find it so, thank you.

It also very hard to believe that those people express their opinions
against RMS only on the subject of RMS's behavior --- I see those
expressions rather corrupt by few personal intentions of accuser's who
fundamentally disagree with RMS at some political issues.

Example is proprietary vs. free software. RMS and FSF do not use
proprietary software, but maybe some FSF members will use it in their
private or non-FSF activities. This does not matter as in GNU
environment we do not look into those issues, rather into the purpose
to build fully free operating systems.

But it is unbelievable to me that there is or cannot be any
fundamental conflict related to free software and that accusers are
only speaking of RMS' behavior.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns