Re: Support RMS

From: Danny Spitzberg
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 22:00:20 -0700

   On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 9:49 PM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

     * Alexandre Oliva <[1]lxoliva@fsfla.org> [2021-04-16 01:40]:
     > That's why I find it so hard to believe that the poeple carrying
     out
     > these actions are acting out of love for the Free Software
     movement.
     > Even if they were sure their actions would manage to deprive the
     whole
     > movement from RMS's alleged negative influence, getting him to
     commit
     > suicide or somesuch, we'd lose the "stallman was right" wisdom,
     and get
     > the negative publicity of being such a toxic environment that the
     > founder was driven to suicide.  And since their actions have
     failed,
     > we're left with a defamed leader, a divided community, and a large
     > number of lying and toxic participants who purport to have acted
     in good
     > faith for the movement, but that were only competent enough to
     have
     > caused great damage :-(
     I find it so, thank you.
     It also very hard to believe that those people express their
     opinions
     against RMS only on the subject of RMS's behavior --- I see those
     expressions rather corrupt by few personal intentions of accuser's
     who
     fundamentally disagree with RMS at some political issues.
     Example is proprietary vs. free software. RMS and FSF do not use
     proprietary software, but maybe some FSF members will use it in
     their
     private or non-FSF activities. This does not matter as in GNU
     environment we do not look into those issues, rather into the
     purpose
     to build fully free operating systems.
     But it is unbelievable to me that there is or cannot be any
     fundamental conflict related to free software and that accusers are
     only speaking of RMS' behavior.

   Have you been in an organization where your collaborators or others
   carried themselves in a unprofessional manner? It hurts organizational
   outcomes. The same is applicable here, unfortunately, with RMS causing
   so many dozens of people to leave or flee :(((

     --
     Jean
     [2]https://www.fsf.org/campaigns