[Mldonkey-users] TODO list

From: Norbert LATAILLE
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] TODO list
Date: 21 Dec 2002 17:16:02 +0100

Here is a status of things I would like to do for overnet (once I've
come back from holidays...)

For overnet,

- Fix the firewall download work. It should enable us to profit from new
sources in almost every overnet download

- investigate this emule/edonkey ban from the last overnet version (
http://forums.edonkey2000.com/phpBBovr/viewtopic.php?t=44035 ).
Are we concerned ? It seems that "non overnet clients cannot download
from overnet." - we might be safe.

BTW, now that mldonkey has publish and plays the game, flames on
mldonkey are not was they used to be :
http://forums.edonkey2000.com/phpBBovr/viewtopic.php?t=43885
Thanks Phoenix for his comments (I know he is reading)

On this subject, I am trying to have an overnet only mldonkey (no
servers, no sources other than overnet). I've hacked the new_server
function to do nothing and now I have no edonkey servers in my serevr
list.
For sources, I must admit that I still find emules as sources. I thought
that it was due to source propagation and I hacked every Known_location
object that I could find. Does anyone know those sources come from ?

Once overnet support is correct, I'm thinking about working on other
issues on mldonkey. For example :
        - make it multi-threaded (?)
        - port to windows : why is it so complicated ? Is it only due to the
UNIX way of coding I/O (select...) ? Do you think that this port could
be needed by people (programmers hate working for nothing ;)) ?
        - others ?