Re: [Mldonkey-users] TODO list

From: René Gallati
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] TODO list
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:19:09 +0100

Hello,

> Once overnet support is correct, I'm thinking about working on other
> issues on mldonkey. For example :
> - make it multi-threaded (?)

I thought that was a limitation of ocaml ?

> - port to windows : why is it so complicated ? Is it only due to the
> UNIX way of coding I/O (select...) ? Do you think that this port could

Windows has had multiplexed io (select) for a long time. That's nothing
special which is only present on unix systems. I've been doing some network
related work in Java and finally since 1.4. version of Java I can use the
selectors (the select call). I'd say that using select is the "way to do
it" - everything else might work but has severe other disadvantages.

> be needed by people (programmers hate working for nothing ;)) ?

Not by me, I'll stick to linux.

--

C U