Re: [Traverso-devel] Relaytooling Audio Libs

From: Taj Morton
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Relaytooling Audio Libs
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:46:55 -0700

Hey Ben,

> For export, src/traverso/ExportWidget.cpp line 82 should probably be
> conditional based on whether or not we have libwavpack.

Ah yes, it probably should. Here's another patch that does that. (It's
a full patch that includes both of the previous 2 patches). It also
makes libsndfile required.

Oh, and a small bug report: FLAC is an option for export in
ExportWidget.cpp, but in AbstractAudioWriter.cpp, type=="flac" is
commented out, so if you choose FLAC as an export type, you end up
with an empty FLAC file.

> Also, do you know how we can soft-link on windows?
I'm not sure... I know that relaytool only works on Linux, but it
might be possible to port it. OTOH, I'm not sure that soft-linking on
windows would accomplish much because there's usually nowhere for
people to download the libraries and install them from. E.g., the only
what people with Windows will get libFLAC is if it's installed by an
app that uses it. It would probably just make more sense to statically
link the libs into traverso. (IMHO)

By the way, a compiled binary of Traverso with the latest patch is here:
http://www.wildgardenseed.com/Taj/autopackage/traverso/traverso

Cheers!
- Taj

--