Re: [Adonthell-general] Introduction

From: Brian Bruns
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Introduction
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:46:35 -0500 (EST)

On 29 Mar 2002, Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> > Sure. Although depending on the game you two plan, it will be a rather
> > large endeavour ;).
>
> As Kai, I don't know exactly what you want to do, but at first I've been
> a bit surprised you choose Adonthell for an "introduction" to
> programming! ;)

Well, for an 8 year old interest is king.  He couldn't care less about
making a "hello world" program.  But a game has his complete interest.

> But after having thought a little bit, I think it can do it - the Python
> scripting allows you to come to nice results quickly and easily, and
> you're not obliged to use the whole RP stuff - you can start with

I know tons of people whose first introduction to programming was LP-MUDs
LPC language ;-) So, it has possibilities.

> So once you give more details I'd be glad too to give you my help -
> especially with the graphic API if this is what you want to start with.
> Such Python tutorials might also be of use for any new developer who can
> easily get started with out API and the Python scripting, so if you want
> such help, I'll most likely write a tutorial that I'll make available
> both to you and the developer doc.

As with my reply to Kai, a programmers tutorial would be grand.  Just give
me some pointers and I'll contribute the finished doc to the project.

> Alex.

Brian