Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 07:58:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > I favor bundling them so they don't get lost.  Message files should
> > compress well; the current one shrinks to 10K.
> 10K/language x 10 languages = 100K.  All duplicates, mostly unwanted
> baggage, IMHO.
> I'm not the only one who has been hoping for a tar.gzed distribution
> that will fit on one floppy.

I see the tradeoff as useful.  I looked through the Lynx source for good
pointers to translation files and couldn't find them.  Having them checked
into the source repository means we could theoretically generate stripped
down tar.gz files.  Not having them in the source means they get lost.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Oh, fine, if you happen to like being me which
personally I don't.