gnuherds-app-dev

Re: "Inter-institutional Writing Code" -- country, nationality

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: "Inter-institutional Writing Code" -- country, nationality
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 04:44:19 +0100

Klaus Weiss wrote:
> I found some inconsistencies in msgid's
>
>   * Botswana - Batswana
>   * Christmas Islander - Christmas Island
>   * Kiribatian - I-Kiribati
>   * ...

I have checked countries and nationalities, fixing the mistakes Klaus
reported. I attach the German PO file which results of such fixing.

I attach too the Portuguese one, although I think it is already right due to
Loreto already did his translation using the "Inter-institutional Writing
Code".

The "Inter-institutional Writing Code" is a great guide!  However, IMHO, we
must not force us to strictly follow it. For example, about:
  Dutchman; Dutchwoman
we can use just "Dutch".