Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:58:43 +0200

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 11:25:31PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> I still think this is overcomplicating my idea.
>
> 1) Confidentiality:
> - You might ask your patients to add their diagnosis/problems to their
> family ID.
> - If not, just don't add it.
> - You see in my view you do not have a FHx ... you have a FamID that
> contains FHx. So whoever gets added to that FamID enherits these FHx (with
> the correct degree of kinship of course)

This is a pre-sharing concept: Effectively the patient is
saying "yes you may share this bit of information with
whoever is linked to my family". This has got two
confidentiality implications as Jim will tell us:

- you cannot sanely pre-decide that you will agree to the
  actual sharing taking place at some later point

        (you may want to share prostate cancer risk info
         with your son but not your daughter)

- you implicate that whatever the praxis decides to be your
  "family to share with" is going to coincide with your view thereof

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de